This privacy notice describes how we collect, use and retain personal information about our Service Users and Employees in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will update this Privacy Notice from time-to-time. When we do change the notice, we will post an update on our website.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. As a Data Controller, we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use your personal information. This notice explains to you what decisions we have taken in relation to that information.
Our Data Protection Officer oversees and monitors compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the DPO, at the organisational address and contact details below.
Data Protection Officer
Go Smart Care
146 Chase Road
Collection and Use of Personal Information
If our services are commissioned for you by third parties (your GP, local authorities, clinical commissioning groups, private medical insurers etc.) they will provide us with a variety of information, including your name, postal address, telephone number, email address and, medical history.
During your time with us we will keep information about you in your personal records like your name, address and date of birth together with details of any care and/or treatment that you are having.
GoSmart Care collects personal information about our employees through the application and recruitment process, either directly from candidates or sometimes from an employment agency or background check provider. We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including former employers, credit reference agencies and/or other background credit agencies and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We will collect additional personal information in the course of job-related activities throughout the period you’re working for us.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information the GoSmart Care may collect:
- Full Name
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Physical and Mental Health information
- Financial information
- NHS number
- National Insurance number
- Passport details, residency status and nationality
- Marital status
- Racial or ethnic origin
GoSmart Care will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collect it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not need your explicit consent if we use your personal information in accordance with our written policy to carry out our legal obligations or exercise specific rights in the field of employment law. In limited circumstances, we may approach you for your written consent to allow us to process certain particularly sensitive data. If we do so, we will provide you with full details of the information that we would like and the reason we need it, so that you can carefully consider whether you wish to consent. You should be aware that it is not a condition of your contract with us that you agree to any request for consent from us.
Protection of Personal Information
GoSmart Care takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We have put in place appropriate safeguards and technical measures to protect your personal information. Access is limited to only those of our employees who require access to it, and all data is stored on servers within the UK. As an organisation, we respect the responsibility by adopting and maintaining high standards regarding the handling and use of personal information.
We provide training to all staff for Information Governance and Data Protection. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
Under certain circumstances, the law grants you specific rights. These are summarised below. Please note that your rights may be limited and subject to restrictions in certain situations:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “Subject Access Request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
All personal information will be deleted or securely destroyed at the appropriate time and we will not keep your personal information for longer than is required or permitted by law. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Online Form Data
We may collect the following information via any of our website’s input forms:
- Your name and job title
- Contact information including email address and telephone
- Subscriptions to our email vacancy notifications and upcoming training course notifications
Any email address data collected is never passed on to any third parties or used for marketing purposes without your consent.
We only retain the data in the enquiry forms for a period of 4 months. However, your specific query will be sent to one of our departments to deal with, your query will be held for the appropriate retention period for that data. For more information about retention periods please refer to the department handling your query.